Author Topic: Derbi Terra Dash / Clock Fault  (Read 4344 times)

LyonsDen

• View Profile
    • Email
Derbi Terra Dash / Clock Fault
« on: August 29, 2016, 03:47:36 AM »
Can anyone help.  I have a Derbi Terra 2011 and after a list of problems I thought I had everything sorted to find that when I power on the bike seems to go through its self check, it starts, all the lights work but the dash lights stay illuminated except the water temp which goes out as the fuel low comes on.  I've seen a couple of people on youtube say they had the problem but no solution (under Derbi Dash Fault).  If I knock it out of Neutral the Neutral and low fuel lights both go out and come back on when put back into neutral.  I've had a plug and unplug of as many connectors as possible and sprayed with contact cleaner, but before I completely unwind the loom to check it I thought I'd ask here.  I have just changed the Sprag Starter clutch so had the magneto assembly off but cant see anything obvious there.  Cheers for any help in advance.

LyonsDen

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Derbi Terra Dash / Clock Fault
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 02:19:55 PM »
hi I just thought it should have my solution here as I was struggling.  I went to the basics with a muti-meter and wiring diagram.  I am in no way an electrical person but heres what I did.  I first paid about 8 and got a days download pass with Studica and got the correct wiring diagrams and while there got all the manuals for the bike.  Next I did basic continuity on the earths from the plug in the back of the dash (loom side), all ok so turned key on to see if any of the earths went live to rule out a short., also ok  checked the permanent live was live and nothing else, ok,  so next was to check the key on live which was ok, then checked that high beam connection, indicators etc all went live when operated.  so at this point I was thinking the loom was ok so took the dash and put an earth to the appropriate pin and then 12volts to live to the  key on live and the dash including high beam and indicators etc lit on the dash which they shouldn't have. so ordered a 2nd hand one.