Author Topic: My little bargain  (Read 6184 times)

IanAl

• View Profile
My little bargain
« on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:56 AM »
Hey all, I just bought a 2000 model Derbi Senda Supermotard 50cc for 100. I have stripped it to a bare frame, resprayed the frame in flame red, refurnished everything and re-fitted it up, just about to do the crank bearings, change out all the gaskets and service it and away I go. I have spent almost nothing on the bike itself and it now looks brand new. Cant wait to hear it running. Is 100 a good price for this bike? I really have no idea of its value, I only bought it because it was a cheap, easy fix but have grown to really like it now.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:26:54 AM by IanAl »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My little bargain
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »
Hi IanAl, welcome to the forum! Congrats on the bike. How is it coming along?

IanAl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 12:20:55 PM »
Its going well but Im selling the engine in order to upgrade to Yamaha DTR125 power with modified ignition. Have re-stripped the bike to give it a custom makeover with lots of satin black and polished ally bits. Will keep you posted. Have just modified the yokes and removed the clocks, will have a speedo on one of the forks. Some may ask why I didnt start with a derbi 125, honest answer this bike was cheap and i like a challenge.  :)

mxbik3r

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 05:41:18 PM »
100 is a real bargain! i bought mine for 250 and thought that was a bargain! fair do mate looking good!

GPRboss

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 12:51:37 PM »
100 is a good deal but also too cheap so someone may think that it may be broken or something ...

SamSwain

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »
i just got my 2nd derbi senda 50 for 280 on a 03 plate with an engine out of a newer model

you got a grate deal mate mine leaks water like a sieve needs new rad and a full engine rebuild with new gasket kit going to put a dopler endurance crank, polini main bearings and seals arrow exhaust and a malossi 80 kit on it while im in there tho  ;D

am in need of a new set of plastics but i am not very happy with the selection of after market plastics

so may get a custom set made up

good luck with yours mate hope to see some nice pics soon  ;D
i have 2 derbi senda's both running the D50B0 engine
a cagiva mito 125 mk2 evo
a honda cm125 custom (U.S import)
a honda cbr250rrn (jap import)
a honda h100
a Suzuki gp100
a Kawasaki kx 65 (race tuned)
and a Yamaha pw 50

email : s.swainy.s@gmail.com